Showcase time: BIKINIVERSE [Demo available!]

p.s… nobody found the hidden disco cat yet!

1 Like

Hi!
Poki has a referral bonus, if you’ve published there, let me know and I’ll see how we can take advantage of it.

1 Like

I’ve given myself the objective of getting a full game (150 levels, with all the trimmings of a basic indie puzzle game) on Poki by the end of March. As such, I’ve made a few updates.

If you’ve already played, it doesn’t make sense to play again [unless you’re really interested in seeing some very small changes to colours, some animations, etc…] But if you’re seeing this and you haven’t yet played, I would appreciate your feedback here!

play now!

p.s I’ve decided on Alex and Isabel as name. I like that it has the same initials as AI (as the game is about an algorithm) and it gives it a personal edge- rather than simply being a puzzle game, you are dealing with two characters with names and faces.

3 Likes

I like puzzle games and really enjoy yours as well.
The controls are easy, the rules simple, the graphics and the interface match this very well - and still the game is a very good challenge. I also like the possibility to switch the sound off right from the start and toggle it in-game. Also, the animations are very nice.
Have you thought about implementing a hint system? Maybe offer to show the arrow for the first crucial move after the player has failed a certain number of time. Otherwise some players might just get too frustrated (eg. level 12) and give up. I did need a few tries with level 14, too.
The tutorial works in my opinion, but I find that the red guy clashes slightly with the rest of the artwork - just my personal opinion.

Then it would be good if the 2 characters slightly differed.

Having completed all the levels, I am must find the disco cat!

Thanks for playing!

Thank you very much. I’ve been working hard on getting something simple that works well (and isn’t pixel art, which I think of as a bit of a cop out)

I need to change the order of the levels. level 12 is going to get moved right to the end, I shouldn’t have put it so early on. Congratulations on completing it!

To be honest though, I think I might just make the level select option more obvious to allow players to leave harder levels till later. This will also give the impression of an adventure game rather than just series of puzzles.

That clash is an important part of the storyline! It is revealed that he is trapped within the game. He’s a real red guy by the way. I made him out of vegan wool, and he is 60cm in diameter. I call him Mona Lisa II.

2 Likes

I think your artwork is very pretty and works very well for your game, better than pixel art would.

That is a very good idea - level 12 is quite a challenge. :smiley:

Will there be some kind of prologue that explains the story?

Ah - I see. Mona Lisa II is really cool! I am looking forward to the unfolding story - now, where is the disco cat? :face_with_monocle: :smiley:

Alex and Isabel staring into my soul :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

And you thought your sprites were looking weird :duck:

2 Likes

I have been trying to get chapGPT to create a level for me. It is not working, at all. It is unable to understand the key concept behind the game. I am going to keep trying.

1 Like

I HAVE BEATEN THE MACHINE :muscle:

5 Likes