40 hours at a game jam making a game, pretty hardcore late nights & very little sleep.
I worked a little bit in a hotel which helped flow development. I used Trello with (TODO/MVP/Stretch).
REST is good, some kind of game_world.script
with requests to get and set core gameplay values
I now want to develop some kind of subscribe/unsubscribe protocol via messaging for core game data (on value change, all subscribers are notified of that change)
Collection proxies have performance issues with loading/enabling etc, async_loading audio stutters
Audio stutters can be solved with 3rd party audio technology (please let me know more on this one)
Naturally you can cover some stutters during a collection proxy starting by using transitions like a white background going alpha = 0.0 quickly,
smoothing rough edges in particular because I used it in a text GUI life simulator
Lua tables are like objects, and they are sent very easily through messages so USE them
I think it wise to use collection proxy changes judiciously and drive core gameplay without regular proxy collection swaps… unless someone has a good way to do this, I encountered stutters and delays even with async_load prior to enabling them
Please post your own opinion/ideas and if you have any solutions to my issues