Realm Runners - Mobile Runner

What is Realm Runners
Realm Runners is a level based runner gamer for mobile. You as a player have three alternate ways to navigate in the levels, slide, dash, and jump. Additionally you can use consumable abilities (not yet implemented) that alter your characters movement for a certain amount of time.

As motivation for the player you will be able to see your friends progress on the world map and you can scroll through the world and see the wast landscape that you will be running through.

You will collect coins that will be melted down into gold bars that you can use to upgrade your runner with cosmetic items or buy more consumable abilities.

Controls

Up Arrow - Jump
Right Arrow - Dash (through green mosnters, they are brakable :slight_smile: )
Down Arrow - Slide under spiked platforms

World map concept

Screenshots & Prototype
Here is an early prototype and we would love some feedback and if you took your time to try it out :slight_smile:

https://xtars.itch.io/realm-runners

Thanks!

9 Likes

Hi @jimmy.karlstrom!

It looks really interesting! However, the link doesn’t seem to work for me, I get a 404?

aouch! I had forgot to set it as public! But the link should work now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice graphics and colour scheme. Fresh and inviting. I didn’t get far playing the game. What I had the most problems with was identifying what objects I needed to jump over (the cactus especially). Also - as I keep losing over and over and over again - I’m in desperate need of a “restart” button or better, - that the level restarts immediately as I lose… Please fix that :slight_smile:

Good luck!

As Iris said, the color scheme feels right on for this type of game; very inviting. It felt like the game was moving along at the right pace; just enough for me to react while keeping it challenging.

Is it by design that the character moves forward permanently when dashing? I found myself dashing as much as possible so that I would have a buffer in case I would run into a wall etc. It wasn’t clear to me either what the right thing to do was for the different obstacles, e.g. should I jump over the cactus or dash through it.

Hey! What’s stopping you from releasing this in HTML5? Browser games FTW, esp with Defold.

We had an issue where the game would only show a black screen when saving it as HTML5 but it worked great as an .apk or .exe file. It was really weird but the team got som help with that during the week.

1 Like