Rabbit Vs Marbles port from Godot dev diary

Looking good!

I hear you on the GUI stuff. Takes so much time and endless iterations to get it feeling right. If only we could generate straight from our brains.

1 Like

Gui is possibly my strongest suit. Maps and level design are probably my worst. I cant tell you how many projects I have tossed over level design.

Sometimes I think I am insane trying to develop a game in two engines simultaneously.

So yesterday evening and today I was focusing on Godot stuff. So now I have to catch up again in Defold. But I was working on switching to 8 - 3d sprites that follow the marbles vs a single top down sprite.

Now to do due the same here. Morrow. I am tired today.

I hope this will be profitable for me to learn both these engines.

I am guessing I will re theme one of them as a different title and release both eventually. Hopefully I will have a fully fleshed out template in both engines.

1 Like

Updated the background map to match the gui. I made an alien desert with a fish pond. I will add fish to it.

I also did not like the wonky animation of the 3d sprites and I did not feel like trying to convert the whole game to 3d so I switched to my top down view and updated the rabbit’s top down image by adding a oxygen tank so he can breathe!

I also added shadows to the marbles.

4 Likes