Particle Editor (DEF-1813)

When I go to open the particle editor for a newly created particle file, I get the following:

An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
Could not initialize class com.dynamo.cr.parted.ParticleLibrary

This is on Windows 10

If you guys need any more specific information, let me know.

Also, please let me know if there’s a work around.

Thanks,
Johnny

1 Like

Do this happen if you restart the editor?

Not sure what changed. I was pretty sure that I restarted the editor and even rebooted before I posted this.

However, it just totally opened a new one I just created with no problem.

Strange. I’ll update this if it happens again… hopefully with some idea of what changed.

I’ve had similar problems. Not sure if we are able to fix it for the current editor. 2.0 is rebuilt from the ground up and should be more stable.

Any chance you had the editor running for a very long time before the error occurred? If so, I think @sven has mentioned something similar to this a couple of days ago.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it had been running for days. So if that could be what caused it, it probably is.

Also, as @sicher said above, the new editor is coming, not that I’ve had a ton of problems with this one. Just this issue, and a restart seems to have fix it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good that it works, but it’s still bad that you need to restart, not fun to interrupt that creative flow! :slight_smile:

I have had this happen to me sometime as well, and I found the corresponding issue for it, attaching it to the topic of this thread.

really good that it works after restart.

Just faced this bug on macos.