Paralines

Hello to all!
I’m the game designer of Paralines, a minimalist one-tap vertical runner game being developed by LEAP Game Studios, a Peruvian video game development company.

In Paralines, you’ll have guide a ball by activating vertical lines, which will make the ball bounce and change direction. The objective of the game is to go as far up as possible, avoiding obstacles (horizontal and vertical lines of a different color from the ones you activate) and collecting coins. It sounds simple, but it’s actually quite challenging, especially on normal and hard mode, which increase the speed of the ball.

Although players will aim to get a better score by reaching higher altitudes, they will also unlock new color palettes with the coins they collect, offering a whole new visual experience.

The original idea for this game came to me thanks to the movie “Welcome to the punch”. Specifically, from a 15-second sequence right at the beginning of the movie showing vertical white lines on a dark background. Since then and after a few months of development, Paralines has become so much more!

The game is almost complete (beta version), but we’re currently working on polishing the art, the levels and the tutorial, as well as integrating achievements, leaderboards, ad networks and analytics.

We’re hoping to launch it for iOS, Android and Amazon in approximately one month. In the meantime, you can try a HMTL demo version in the link below. We’ll be more than grateful for all the feedback you can give us!

Technical details
Platform: iOS, Android, Amazon
Price: Free-to-play, with ads
Demo: http://leapgs.com/paralines/

Our team:

• 1 Game designer / Level designer
  • 1 Programmer
  • 1 Producer
  • 2 Freelancing graphic designers

Our site: www.leapgs.com

13 Likes

I tested this at GDC and I was really really impressed! Great job guys!

1 Like

Thanks a lot! We have received lots of help from your contributions to the community!

2 Likes