Panthera - Animation Software for Defold

okey. how i`m add second position.x to one animation?

You can add multiple timeline keys for any property and adjust timings for them. The flow is similar like to add the first one :wink:

2 Likes

fantastic, i`m try this :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

What are you plans about releasing 2.0?

I would love to check it out, even if it would be a paid software. It could become a really nice animation software, especially after following your progress on Twitter and if it would be able to export rendered animation also to formats like GIF or MP4 :wink:

I was checking out things like Motion Canvas and Remotion, but those are all code-only without visual editor, not so convenient as it might look like, you must be very familiar with their weapon of choice and the syntax to do anything.

P.S. It would be also great if you could record tutorial in some higher resolution as the previous video is not very clear :pensive:

1 Like

Thanks for your attention to the project!

Currently, I don’t have any ETA for Panthera 2.0. I’m investing a lot of time in R&D to make it as good as I want, including a fully adaptive UI. The progress is really good! However, this progress depends on my free time, so I can’t commit to any specific date.

I will continue to post my devlog on Twitter, and one day it will be ready to do amazing things. :blush:

Regarding exporting to GIF/MP4, it seems to be a tricky task in Defold. The current solution is to make the editor view fullscreen and record the animation. However, in this case, there is no alpha channel. So, we may figure out how to do this later.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for the update! No rush on this, I didn’t mean to ask about any ETA, but only if it will be available to use :smiley: I would love just to use this, as I believe it would help me (and not only me) a lot. Export is just an option, I will also try to experiment here in my free time :wink:

1 Like

animate-y-coord

Could you tell me how to make such an animation in 3D?

As @Pawel mentioned above, I am making the Panthera 2.0 and want to showcase the current workflow with it:

And here is a thread on Twitter from the start of making the Panthera: https://twitter.com/insalitygames/status/1709635552021016870

16 Likes

Amazing work as usual!

I’m curious about your tech stack. What are you using for UI? Druid? And to parse defold scenes?

For the Defold team: this is the kind of result I’d love to see us being able to do in the editor directly, as an extension. Given the excellent results of the community with engine extension, I’m sure it would be a huge boost on the editor side too.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Yes, I making Panthera with Druid! There are a lot of custom components like list view, properties panel etc.

Defold scenes I parsing with just pure lua. The *.gui format is much easier than *.collection or *.go and can be easily imported. The export back is still a hard task :smiley:

2 Likes