Options in defold

Is admob and inapp features available in defold?
also tcp socket , multiplayer features?
Is defold is planning to implement 3d games ?
Can we expect options like google play multiplayer support, leaderboard, etc.

If am starting with defold, how can I confirm that I will get updations or support . Also can I create .exe files ? like windows installer files using this?

1 Like

There’s a lot of questions in there and maybe not very well defined. I’m not sure if I even understand some but here it goes:

Admob
There are currently no in engine support for external advertising services.

Inapp features
I’m assuming that with this you mean possibilities to use shops for in app purchases (using appstore/google play/amazon store etc)? This is well supported and in a very convenient way (one api for them all). Do a quick check in the lanual or api reference for further info.

tcp_socket
Through lua-sockets you have support for many of these different network features. UDP, TCP, HTTP…

multiplayer features
With this very general word I guess you mean the above? But if you are asking if there are some “plug and play”-functionality that just works as soon as you create a gameobject, no. There are no such feature. You need to code the network code yourself.
If you on the other hand mean support for multiplayer on same device (split screens, multiple controllers etc) it has good capabilities for that. Remember though, Defold is working on support for multiple controllers and it is not fully done yet. Its coming

implement 3d games
With this I assume that you are not talking about games but actually 3D support.
Defold is a 3D engine already. It has all the possibilities to handle meshes, textures, cameras etc… Thing is that focus is on 2D and even if 3D-tools and support is somehow planned to be extended it still will have that focus. Can you make a 3D game in Defold? Yes. Would I personally recommend Defold as the main engine for full 3D games at this date?

options like google play multiplayer support
I don’t understand this one.

leaderboards
Are you asking for a visual list of names? Are you asking for the backend solution that a highscore leaderboard requires? This is not a feature that could just be a checkbox somewhere. But Defold in combination with eg Playfab (which is a great backend solution for games) this could be very easily done.

updates and support
Updates are done automatically when you start Defold client.
Support you get here :slight_smile:

.exe files
Yes

windows installer files
?? no

A last suggestion to you is to try to read some of the FAQ and information on the site before asking these kind of things. A lot of answers can be found there and saves people a lot of time (including yourself instead of waiting for answers in here).
Also when asking questions, please try to be as detailed as possible and you will probably have the best chance of getting the answer you are looking for.

best regards

/A

7 Likes

I think he means Google Play Games Services support. And the answer is no.

https://developers.google.com/games/services/common/concepts/realtimeMultiplayer

I use http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

2 Likes