Opening script triggers java error

When opening a script randomly I’m seeing:

java.lang.AssertionError: Assert failed: (<= (:_volatility source-graph 0) (:_volatility target-graph 0))

If I open another script and then open the same script after, the error goes away. If I try to open the error’ing script again before opening another, the error repeats itself.

You should try to narrow down the cause in the script and then post this as an issue on Github.

1 Like

It isn’t script specific, just happens randomly when opening any script in the editor. Not frequently enough yet that I can tell why though :stuck_out_tongue:

What’s the editor version and OS? I’ll try to reproduce it if on Win10.

1 Like

I’m using Defold Engine 1.2.174 (163a67f) downloaded from http://d.defold.com/alpha/ (it auto-updated at least once I believe to reach this version number) and I’m using Windows 10.

I tried spamming opening / closing scripts in that version in a big project but no luck having the error appear. It may still be the content of the script or some other interaction with your project / computer.

I get occasional java error popups on mac randomly. There’s no consistency to them, other than it SEEMS to me to be when i try to do 2 things in quick succession, like drag a .png in to a folder from Finder and then double-click an atlas, or click on an already open tab, etc. The errors I’ve seen affect nothing at all, so I’ve always just ignored them.

2 Likes

I got another random error:

clojure.lang.ExceptionInfo: handler ':open' in context ':global' failed at ':run' with message 'Setter of node -8863084066665136128 (editor.code.view/CodeEditorView) :canvas-width could not be called'
java.lang.Exception: Setter of node -8863084066665136128 (editor.code.view/CodeEditorView) :canvas-width could not be called
java.lang.ClassCastException: class internal.graph.error_values.ErrorValue cannot be cast to class editor.code.data.LayoutInfo (internal.graph.error_values.ErrorValue and editor.code.data.LayoutInfo are in unnamed module of loader 'app')

I’m going to restart Defold since I’ve had it open for sometime. It might just be one of those things that only shows up after many hours without restart :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like