Open project / from dashboard fails

Hi there,
Thanks in advance for your kind attention.
Yeah, a standard newbie frustrator:
deception
System: Win 10 64bit / intel i7 / Eset smart security.
Nothing changes when I disable eset completely.
PS: I have a git account with the same e-mail but different password.

Did a browser window open asking for your credentials? You should use the same as on dashboard.defold.com.

No it did not. Which is weird.
I cleaned up the system, cookies etc with ccleaner.
Restarted windows, used every “magic procedure” …
Defold editor 2 “thinks” it knows me… Then fails.
By the way I will try uninstall/reinstall :smiley: with a fresh download.
Aaand thank you…

Hi again.
Unfortunately, it is not working. Same error again. It does not ask credentials. It goes directly to open project. Also each time it creates the “Getting Started Tutorial” project directory structure, and then gives authentication error. If I retry, this time it says directory exists. Defold updated itself also. But that did not change the behavior.
Any suggestions?

Create an empty folder. Create an empty file named game.project. Select Open from disk and select the new game.project file. Once you’re in the Editor select Logout from the menu. Then retry Open from Dashboard.

Well, I have done as you told.
Opened the editor.
Logged out.
Exited the editor.
Run defold again.
Then I said load from dashboard
The credential login via browser came.
I logged in but… : The same error. :disappointed:

OK, which account did you log in with? @samuel.nystedt can check our user database.

Account: ivt DOT comm AT gmail DOT com
İhsan Töre

… And still not working…

Sorry for the delay. We’re investigating your issue now.

2 Likes

Hi!

Your issue seems to be related to Git. Would you mind repeating the procedure once again (it will probably fail this time as well) and then send us the latest log file for inspection?

There’s a shortcut to the log directory under Help -> Show Logs

5 Likes

Hi ,
Here is the log.
I had to zip it because forum upload does not support *.log files.
editor2.2018-03-25.log.zip (3.1 KB)

1 Like

Thanks! We’ll get back to you soon.

1 Like

I’m afraid we’re unable to reproduce this error.
Do you have any previously installed Git client? If so, try to stash or remove the global configuration file before trying again.

2 Likes

Not in this machine and nothing in the account. Now I’ve changed my git account to an other email account. So defold has nothing common with my git account. My Git account is void. I am not a proficient git user. Since I never needed it during 36 years of programming. Where can I find that global configuretion file and how to stash… What is to stash anyway? :smiley:

The location of the global configuration file depends on the git client. Using the most popular CLI client, Git for Windows, https://gitforwindows.org/, one can run this command to find the location of all config files:
git config --list --show-origin
But since you’ve never run git on your machine we can probably rule out the global configuration file as the source of this problem. By “stashing” I mean “putting it somewhere else or renaming it”.

I’d really love to give you some hands on advice but at this point I can only resort to guessing. - One thing that springs to mind is that if you at some point have used Git to communicate with Team Foundation Server in combination with NTLM authentication that might have created settings incompatible with Defolds Git repository. In that case you should be able to find these settings in either Visual Studio or Team Explorer.

4 Likes

Hi Henrik,
I opened command prompt with admin priviledges, issued “git” command, system told me it does not exist. Well may be I used git indirectly via:

1. I have Android Studio, It used git repos when I was using its tutorials.
  2. I have Visual Studio 2017 , the same old story.
    I use both IDE’s for development purposes. So uninstalling them is not an option.
    However, I am going to delve into their git settings to resolve this problem.
    Git is an environment which I do not know. Since I am about to be 50 yrs. old, now I consider it as “evils deed” :smiley: :wink:
    May the “google” be with me…