On screen keyboard bug on Galaxy S5 (SOLVED)

That is interesting - the other project is in Portrait, so you may be on to something there

1 Like

@britzl this issue only occurs for games in landscape mode, why Blossom does not have this issue.

Ah, ok, that explains it. Well, let’s hope @sven’s investigation resulted in a solution to this problem.

1 Like

A quick update;

In the upcoming release we have a new alternative input method available on Android devices. This new mode can be switched on as an option in the game.project file.
The method works better when I tested on the devices that previously had issues with keyboard input, especially in landscape and third party keyboards such as SwiftKey. More information when the release is available as stable (planned for Monday 25/1).

Also, adding the issue number for this to the title.

1 Like

A fix for this, DEF-1461, is available in 1.2.73: Defold 1.2.73 has been released

1 Like

Hi…
Well i don’t have great idea about other models except HTC Desire 310 because i also own this device from past 5 months. And one day i also face this same issue and suddenly my keyboard get hang and stop working properly. Then i google this issue but unfortunately i get fail to find out most suitable option for it. At last finally i check Htc Desire 310 Manual in which following method is given and luckily i fix my problem with these steps within few minutes and now my keyboard is working very smoothly without any problem.
Here are the steps:
Go to Settings.
Open Apps.
Tap All.
Find the Android keyboard.Clear data
Next you have to find Dictionary provider app.Again tap Clear data