I have put together some samples testing out the use of native extensions and converting some old verlet code I had. Interestingly, Newton Physics seems to work quite nicely: Note I chose this so I could try and test the vehicle dynamics it has (I have used it before elsewhere).
The verlet test was to see whether lua only physics could be applied with decent performance.
- Newton extension worked - sort of. It doesnt build releases properly. Only in editor on Linux atm (not overly useful)
- The verlet test was quite impressive. It surprised me how effective it was in release mode.
Will try out the built-in bullet physics too, all running in the same scene.
Note: The geometry utils (mesh generation) now has plane, cube and sphere mesh generation.