New DEFinitely-Lit Extension (now on 1.4)!

I have updated the DEFinitely-Lit extension to 1.4. Tho I’m not sure if everything is working on all platforms, if not please contact me. It doesnt support normal mapping anymore, unfortunately, but this is on the plans for a future update, alongside other things too.

This time i will update and fix any bugs my fellow defolders may find!

9 Likes

Thank you! Playing with it at the moment on a mac. Found a tiny error due to a renamed folder - pm is on the way.

2 Likes

feel free to say what is the error, id be totally willing to fix it!

1 Like

Nothing major, you just have renamed the folder at one stage to “definitely-lit” but to forgot to re-add the textures/script:
Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 18.30.55

1 Like

Folder DEFinitely-Lit was renamed to definitely-lit, but the assets weren’t updated (probably the change was not in Editor, but in some external File Explorer before pushing it to git :wink: )

Yeah, but after renaming it it works out of the box :smiley: Thank you for sharing! :heart:

At first it looks like a great example of forward rendering, but what’s worth noting it, it doesn’t even change the render script - it uses the default’s rendercam’s render script. So putting light_source tag on lights material was intentional in order to not display them, right?

3 Likes

YES! Everything not shown in runtime was arbitrarily choosen to do so. Tho you can still draw them for debug if u want.

1 Like

UPDATE!

It is now possible to use the extension as an external lib:

i will submit this extension to the assets portal soon, be sure to warn me about any bugs you found, will be glad to help and fix!

6 Likes