Native Extensions not included in (win32) bundle? (DEF-2881)

All the extensions I’ve tried (Timer, DefOS, openAL) build and work fine from the editor (Editor 2), but when I bundle the project (for Windows) the extension does not seem to be included. I just get "attempt to index global ‘extension name’ (a nil value)”. Is this not possible yet, or is there some setting that I’m missing?

I don’t get any build errors, and the bundling takes extra long as if it’s building an extension.

Hi.

I see same problem, but found good binaries in build folder.

In output folder placed standart binaries.

1 Like

Ah, interesting. Yeah, that works. Weird, I have to use the 64-bit version on my system even if I bundle for 32-bit, or it misses some of the textures. Anyway, thanks! That is useful for now, and hopefully there will be a real solution before too long.

Yes,I confirmed this bug too (DEF-2881). I’m afraid I missed that during testing. Really sorry, I’m on it!

4 Likes

So, this was fixed in 1.2.113 (thanks!), but there’s still a little glitch: it always makes a debug bundle. Or at least, the bundled version always opens a console window along with the game.

Yes, we currently only build the debug builds from the extender service. We have a ticket for supporting the variant you want (debug/release/headless) (DEF-2477)

For now, perhaps your extension can close the console window?

2 Likes

I have small problem with macOS bundle. Build process place in output folder mac32 binary, but editor not have select

I assume you want the 64 bit executable?
We are in the process of removing the 32bit OSX in favour of the 64 bit version during bundling, which I hope will be done during the next sprint.

4 Likes

Yeah. I want 64 bit

Is there a special reason for this? Are you using 64-bit only extensions? The native extension server builds 64 bit executables. Check out your <project>/build/x86_64-osx folder.

Yeah in build folder present both versions, but in output folder placed 32bit version