My game made with defold - a Space Invaders clone

Turtle invaded is a space invaders clone that challenges players to fight incoming alien invaders. The objective is to destroy enemies before they reach the bottom of the screen. The game features increasing levels of difficulty and rewards players with points for each enemy defeated. Turtle invaded was made using the Defold game engine , the 2D game assets was made by SparklinLabs. You can find the source code here.

After following Pawel’s tutorials, I made a space invaders clone. You can play it here If there are still bugs, I am proud of the work done. Do not hesitate to give feedback :grinning:

`

12 Likes

I’m so proud! :smiley: And happy that I could help! :blush:

The game is great - it’s a very polished one, it has pause, very nice enemy movement and increasing challenge with each level and a worth mentioning detail I love - you can shoot enemy projectiles with your own! :heart:

7 Likes

Cool, adding upgrades like shooting three bullets or shooting lasers would make it a lot more fun :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Yes, great idea! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I’ll definitely do that after adding mobile support

2 Likes

Looks good dude! Well done on getting your first game up and running. Nice to see someone is making the most of Pawel’s tutorials as well.

If I was going to set you a further challenge… I would say you could make a background with sparkling stars using particlefx. That would look a lot cooler and make the game a little more dynamic. Also, I love the pixel style of the logo - you could make the rest of the game like that to make it all fit if you wanted.

5 Likes

Thank you very much, feedback are much needed :grin: I have taken good note.

1 Like

So I added some stuff to the game :

• Mobile support
  • More feedback (screen shake, sounds…)
  • Special aliens now appear sometimes, they give more points
  • The player unlocks a super shot starting level 3
  • I added little animation to the background

The sprites seem blurry when I play the game on a mobile browser. I don’t know yet how to fix this. Also, a virtual gamepad is enabled on Android devices, but I don’t know if it is the case on iOS.

I think that it is time for me to start a new project. Turtle Invaded is primarily for learning purposes, and I definitely learned a lot.

8 Likes

Great job!

I see a few possible reasons:

1. Check if in game.project in Display section Hight DPI is on
  2. Make your custom material (copy paste the default one form builtins into your project folder). Change filtration on it to Linear and make sure you use this material on all your sprites
  3. Check your texture profiler and make sure Mipmaps are off (the checkbox unchecked, but remember if you use default one, you have to cope/paste it from builtins into your project and specify it in game.project)

Try these steps one by one and one of them should give you needed result!

3 Likes

Thank you, it helped me a lot !

2 Likes