Monkey Kick

My first Defold game hit the shelves this morning!

It’s a borderline hyper casual Facebook Instant game with a strong nod to the Flash game I made 2006 with the same name.

https://fb.gg/play/monkeykickinstant

The tricky part of this game was the smooth terrain the Furball travels on. I ended up using the ill-named Hardon Collider, with shapes exported from Sketch as XML.

Happy kicking!

21 Likes

It works ok in chrome but never loads in firefox :upside_down_face:

1 Like

That’s a bother! It’s using the latest Defold and latest Facebook Instant HTML template.

1 Like

Is there any way to play for those not on Facebook? There are dozens of us!

2 Likes

Check what the developer console says.

0 Likes

There will be! For some reason the same game, with the same template, has some problems that we’re trying to fix.

0 Likes

Tested in Frirefox just now, works for me. Maybe it’s a facebook thing? Or ad blocker, or other plugin?

0 Likes

@edd, could you please have a look at the console? My Firefox console looks ok, no issues.

0 Likes

Here is the non-facebook version:

The issues on iOS safari are:

• The game gets stuck on the Totebo logo for 10 seconds or so.
  • The game animations run in slow motion until the screen is touched.
3 Likes

Firefox’s Content Blocking cause this. You can turn it off and re-try

@totebo I love the game. The adaptation is very good and it works great . Really nice job

1 Like

Cool game! Good luck! :hugs:
How did you make the trail behind the monkey?

1 Like

Thanks guys! The trail is a simple particle effect with lots of thin segments trailing after the Furball.

After I finished it I saw someone made a “hyper casual trail” extension for Defold, worth checking out!

2 Likes

Yup, that’s right. STRICT blocks the game, changed it to STANDARD and everything’s ok now.

The game looks good and it’s fun.

0 Likes

Getting some errors on Miniclip

com
It doesn’t run at all.

Firefox 69.0.1

0 Likes

Have you tried disabling firefox’s content blocking as @selimanac said?

0 Likes

That did help, odd that it is need though. I have never had to do that on itch.io :thinking:

0 Likes

Could it be a Miniclip thing?

0 Likes

Tried the game today, and I must admit that you had my breath hung for around 20 minutes :grinning: awesome work @totebo. :smiley:

3 Likes

Ha ha, thanks!

2 Likes

What I should do: write a code.
What I do instead: monkey kick :monkey:

addictive!

3 Likes