Monkey Kick

My first Defold game hit the shelves this morning!

It’s a borderline hyper casual Facebook Instant game with a strong nod to the Flash game I made 2006 with the same name.

https://fb.gg/play/monkeykickinstant

The tricky part of this game was the smooth terrain the Furball travels on. I ended up using the ill-named Hardon Collider, with shapes exported from Sketch as XML.

Happy kicking!

22 Likes

It works ok in chrome but never loads in firefox :upside_down_face:

1 Like

That’s a bother! It’s using the latest Defold and latest Facebook Instant HTML template.

1 Like

Is there any way to play for those not on Facebook? There are dozens of us!

2 Likes

Check what the developer console says.

There will be! For some reason the same game, with the same template, has some problems that we’re trying to fix.

Tested in Frirefox just now, works for me. Maybe it’s a facebook thing? Or ad blocker, or other plugin?

@edd, could you please have a look at the console? My Firefox console looks ok, no issues.

Here is the non-facebook version:

The issues on iOS safari are:

• The game gets stuck on the Totebo logo for 10 seconds or so.
  • The game animations run in slow motion until the screen is touched.
3 Likes

Firefox’s Content Blocking cause this. You can turn it off and re-try

@totebo I love the game. The adaptation is very good and it works great . Really nice job

1 Like

Cool game! Good luck! :hugs:
How did you make the trail behind the monkey?

1 Like

Thanks guys! The trail is a simple particle effect with lots of thin segments trailing after the Furball.

After I finished it I saw someone made a “hyper casual trail” extension for Defold, worth checking out!

2 Likes

Yup, that’s right. STRICT blocks the game, changed it to STANDARD and everything’s ok now.

The game looks good and it’s fun.

Getting some errors on Miniclip

com
It doesn’t run at all.

Firefox 69.0.1

Have you tried disabling firefox’s content blocking as @selimanac said?

That did help, odd that it is need though. I have never had to do that on itch.io :thinking:

Could it be a Miniclip thing?

Tried the game today, and I must admit that you had my breath hung for around 20 minutes :grinning: awesome work @totebo. :smiley:

3 Likes

Ha ha, thanks!

2 Likes

What I should do: write a code.
What I do instead: monkey kick :monkey:

addictive!

3 Likes