Missing letters in label component

Not sure what happened here, but we got this from a tester. It doesn’t happen consistently, but it happened at some point during his play-through.

image-2

It’s supposed to say “Budget Allocation” and “Available Funds:”

I checked and it’s not a Z issue. The labels are at Z 0.05 in front of the background.

2 Likes

I don’t suppose you have a solid repro case @dapetcu21?

Some kind of glyph cache issue or something @JCash?

It might be a glyph cache thing, not sure why it would happen though.
We did update from uncompressed glyph, to compressed ones, but I’d assume that all glyphs would fail then. If it would fail, I believe you’d instead see a garbled glyph (more like noise).

Are you using label.set_text()straight up? Or are you using any other helper functions like richtext?

Of course, it’s really tricky to find without any info other than on a user’s screen shot :confused:

1 Like

No solid repro case, unfortunately. The text is set using label.set_text() directly.

1 Like

Ok.

If you manage to reproduce it locally, you can inspect the glyph cache texture with a GPU debugger, to see if the glyphs are loaded correctly.

2 Likes

Are you capturing errors from testers?

As much as we can. Nothing in the console for the above.

Could you maybe share the font and the . font file. Do you use the font mainly for normal text, ie a-z+numbers?

Here they are. Yes, mainly for normal text with the default label material.

Archive.zip (45.2 KB)

Thanks. And this happens on which desktop platform?

This happened on Windows, on a laptop with integrated Intel graphics

Have you seen it on any other hardware?

This is the first time I’ve seen this happen.

In other news, there was this other font-related issue that we’ve noticed happening only on a particular Macbook Pro model (15" 2013 with an Nvidia 650M on macOS), but it seems different. I realised I forgot to report that one as well. It could be a richtext issue. Haven’t seen it happen since I switched to combine_words = true, but it could still happen, since it wasn’t a consistent repro. It’s still odd that it only ever happened on two machines of that exact model, though.

Yes, I recall seeing a bug report about that in RichText. Strange and probably not related to the missing characters.