Mena: Cloud Rider

There’s so many posts on this thread that I haven’t been able to find a link to a playable version of this yet. Have you got one up? Cheers

Thanks Loren ^^ I’m in the gamejam I have a version up there and on sticky iron as well ^^

Fair warning though the game is terrible right now. I’m starting to think it might be more effective to partner with someone who like building and coding. Don’t get me wrong I do like coding and I like designing and also like animating but I care more about publishing and momentum. For that I’m willing to share the glory and profit ^^

We have one life to live, can’t waist it hoarding stuff ^^

1 Like

@britzl @Mathias_Westerdahl @ryanscottlandry @Oleg_The_Evangelist
@sicher @sven

Hey friends Loren sparked an idea for me…well maybe two:

1. Partner with someone
  2. Pay someone for weekly tutoring

Any ideas where I can post and find someone. Also wasn’t sure what level of a developer I should be looking for.

I like momentum so maybe some games I can focus on the dev and others the concept so I at least know what’s going on in the engine. Gotta know the engine in order to suggest reasonable concepts ^^

Also any feedback on the topic in general is much appreciated friends.

PS
I just woke up from a dream about meeting the Defold team. Britzl you were the guy who greeted me at the door. You were running a youth gaming class ^^

2 Likes

I know what you mean. Game design is about 10 different disciplines rolled into one. It’s tough melding all those different skills into a passable game as a first timer. I’m having a go at that jam too. I also feel my game is terrible, but you live and learn. I’ll check yours out anyways.

3 Likes

2 fire spells Fire down. I think I like the direction.

I’ll probably separate each element into:

• spread / single damage
  • passive / active

That might be an easy frame work to pump the spells out and make them functional. We’ll see ^^

2 Likes

get it in while you’re hot ^^

I think I actually like 4 moves per element and each move can have 3 levels of extremity: level 3 Meteor ^^

2 Likes

I’m going to shift gear and work on this simpler Learning Game ^^ I want to use the project to really get the fundamentals down; that’s the plan anyways lol

I’ve included the link to the Forum Post for anyone who wants to follow. Cheers friends ^^

Link to Forum Post:

3 Likes

Cool. Yeah. that could totally be me. We’re actually involved in a programming and maker summer camp for kids here in Sweden, and last weekend we had a training for 20 IT teachers working with kids in the age 13-15.

If anyone happens to be in Stockholm then please let us know and we’ll happily invite you to our office to hang out and meet the rest of the team!

7 Likes