Load proxy crashes randomly

Maybe I’m not doing it right, I don’t now. I made clone pong before without problems.

Now I started a platformer and when loading the first collection it throws the following error:

ERROR:GAMESYS: Default animation 'square' not found
WARNING:RESOURCE: Unable to create resource: build/default/_generated_b671df0b.spritec
WARNING:RESOURCE: Unable to create resource: build/default/main/prefabs/player.goc
ERROR:GAMEOBJECT: Could not instantiate game object from prototype /main/prefabs/player.goc.
WARNING:RESOURCE: Unable to create resource: build/default/main/collections/nice-place.collectionc
ERROR:GAMESYS: The collection /main/collections/nice-place.collectionc could not be loaded.

Sometimes I delete a game object, press CTRL + Z to bring it back again and everything works all of a sudden. Another example, when I delete a go it works again… the next day I delete the same go and still doesn’t work and I need t keep deleteting stuff until finally something works. Could this be a bug?

The problem you describe rings a bell. Could this perhaps be that you have a tilesource and an atlas with the same name?

2 Likes

Yup, that was it. I named my project “Awesome Square” and had three files named the same and changed them to…

awesome-square.tilemap       -> map.tilemap
awesome-square.tilesource    -> tiles.tilesource
awesome-square.atlas         -> sprites.atlas

Now it seems everything works fine from the beginning. Thank you @britzl. But still… could this count as a bug? The fact that having files with the same name crashes the game.

3 Likes

I think it definitely counts as a bug if it crashes the engine. We should add this as a build error.

3 Likes

Great, finally I was able to make Defold at least a bit better.

4 Likes

It’s the tile source and atlas that results in the same output file. I believe it’s already tracked as an issue in our system.