LiveUpdate resource shared between excluded/bundled resources not bundled (DEF-2567) (SOLVED)

Nice! But now I can see another issue:

Have no idea, but it seems the script is lost… Any rules how to manage common scripts for multiple scenes?

Hmm, is the /fabula/controller.script part of the main application bundle or is it part of an excluded collection that was loaded while the game is running?

I want it to be part of main bundle, but actually any approach is suitable for me. So far - i have this error if it belongs only to external collections or to 1 internal and all external. I will experiment more.

OK, the workaround I found so far - cloning the script.

Hmm, that doesn’t sound optimal. @Johan_Beck-Noren, any input?

@Ivan_Lytkin this in html5, correct? Try clearing the cache or running the project in incognito mode and see if it resolves the issue.

If a resource is used in both bundled and excluded collections it should be bundled with the game and not need to be loaded with liveupdate.

2 Likes

Yes, I tried it and it won’t help.
This file was a part of “dependency library”, so my first thought was to make a local copy. But it also won’t help.

Hmm, ok. To be clear, the missing file is part of both bundled collections and excluded collections?

If you could summarise the setup you have I can try to reproduce the issue here.

4 Likes

1 common script (same with .gui file), 2 collections (internal + external)
actually, my project is pretty big now, so I sent you a link to it’s part with only 2 scenes

1 Like

@Johan_Beck-Noren , did you manage to reproduce it?

1 Like

Thanks for the project you sent, that makes it easy :slight_smile:

I was able to repro it on my machine yesterday. Added a ticket for it DEF-2567.

EDIT Moved this issue to a new thread

DEF-2567 fixed in Defold 1.2.101

3 Likes

Hi!
I discovered the same issue today -

it looks like gui script is missing, it is used in multiple internal and external scenes.
-regards!

Hi @Ivan_Lytkin

Sorry to hear that… Do you have a small test project that reproduces the error? In that case could you please invite me, johan.beck-noren@king.com

/Johan

Another issue -