[Linux 64-bits] app bild crashes [DEF-2033]

I try “Project/Build and Lanch” empty getting started project

INFO:ENGINE: Defold Engine 1.2.85 (69b592c)
INFO:ENGINE: Loading data from: build/default
INFO:ENGINE: Initialised sound device ‘default’

INFO:DLIB: SSDP: Started on address 192.168.1.81
INFO:CRASH: Successfully wrote Crashdump to file: /home/elmigo/.Defold/_crash

crash dump

P.s. “Project/Bundle/Linux App” then from build folder x86, html5 versions runs ok

I have the same problem. Can`t upload crash dump, i am new user.

Sorry about the crashes, could you let us know more specifics about your distros and probably also any gpu related info (brand, drivers, etc).

2 Likes

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Memory 8Gib
CPU Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20GHz
GPU ATI Mobility RADEON HD5470 512MB (driver = xserver-xorg-video-ati (open source, tested))

Thanks, I filed this as DEF-2033. Does it still crash if you delete everything from your main-collection and run it (should show a black screen)?

nothing changed
was delete all from main-collection and “build and launch” proj, black window appear then disappear with crash log

I may have found a work around for this. I was experiencing the same issue on my laptop. I’d hit build and launch, and it would crash immediately with the same message as above.

I was launching defold from the console, using Defold-linux.sh. Tonight, I finally created a gnome menu shortcut under my dev entries because I was tired of opening a console and typing in the command. Well, doing it that way seems to have fixed the issue. On a whim I did “build and launch.” Lo and behold, it RAN! So either my trick worked, or the bug was fixed. I’m running:
Version 1.2.94
(a9ec217c3e4b486c07a86c935b0cc805b6680480)
Java 1.8.0_05

So you may want to make sure you set up a shortcut in your system gui menus to run Defold, and it should work in 64 bit. There is probably a way to get it to work from the command line, but it appears this works.

[edit]
Maybe I spoke too soon. It runs, but does not accept input, I have a window that uses dirtylarry inputs and none of them activate. If I build to html it works properly. Darn.

thanks for reply

So either my trick worked, or the bug was fixed

dont work and isnt

Version 1.2.96
(0060183cce2e29dbd09c85ece83cbb72068ee050)
Java 1.8.0_05