Lava maze

Have made few changes to the code, making it like x5 times faster on low end computers. Just had some very bad code I got rid of.

2 Likes

Nice one! Any plans on making it a full game? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see no problem making this into a full game. That was not the plan, but why not? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is now a game!

I will be adding a meny, level difficulty and diffrent modes in the near future :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, that’s awesome Vincent! Really stressful. Which I consider a good thing :grinning:

1 Like

New gamemode: Survival

A new gamemode is now out, survival. Survive 30 sec to win, there is no goal. Press “m” to change mode.

Good luck have fun!

2 Likes

New gamemode: The Dungeon

The new* (sort of)* gamemode is now done. You go up a floor every time you finish a level and go down a floor if you run out of hp.

Every time you touch the lava you lose 1hp (and it reverses 20 blocks), but every time you clear a level you get 1hp back.

(Did not have time to update the game because I was addicted to Factorio)

2 Likes

Shaders and GUI

Updated the GUI and added APM by pressing “t”.

Also added a shader, now the lava glows. YAY!

1 Like

Optimization for lava

For a long time the lava was generated based on a grid of 1 and 0, 1 = lava, 0 = empty. The program ran from 1 to size of the grid to check the lava and its flow in the maze. This was a really slow progress and the fps was horrible.

I have now updated the system to a tilegrid solution that is based on a list of active lava tiles, tiles that should be updated. This keeps ~4 tiles in a list at all times making the game a lot faster.

2 Likes

New Gamemode: Endless + TouchScreen support

Replaces The Dungeon with endless because the Dungeon was a bit boring and had a lot of bugs. Endless is not really endless, but you have to climb ~1000 blocks on the y cordinate to win.

Also added touchscreen support, this also works on computers, but is not recomended because it makes the game a lot easier.

How to use: Guide the player with the mouse/finger to the end of the maze, this was inspired by Flaming Fingers.

1 Like