Label buffer is full but

Hello everyone I am dealing with a rather peculiar bug and I think I might need help. What I initially observed was that after bundling my app for the first time with editor 1.4.3 and updated plugin (rive/rendercam/admob), my game failed to produce objects that used label components.

The big issue is that this bug only appears when my android app is running on its own. By that, I mean that the bug disappears as soon as I build the app from defold to my device.

For that reason I had to fetch the debug log directly with the adb logcat. Here is what I found :

It appears the buffer is set to zero. So obviously checked my game.project, unsurprisingly, the Label buffer and it was set to 64.
I say it was unsurprising because not only everything is fine when building from my computer, but there is one instance where the problem isn’t showing either. Basically I use different collectionproxies to allow the player to start a new game with different characters and it turns out one of the four characters I implemented doesn’t have the issue. I tried to copy and paste the working collection to rebuild the other malfunctionning collections but it doesn’t change anything. It looks like something goes wrong with collexionproxy loading, in a semi-insconsistent manner.

So in the end my question is, is there something that typically go wrong with collectionproxy loading that might set the label buffer to zero for some collections and not others ; knowing that this doesn’t happen when building but only when running a bundled app on its own ?

Thank you for reading!

1 Like

What is your engine’s SHA1 ?

I am unaware of what is SHA1, can you indicate how could I fetch this information? (Tried googling, didn’t help much)

Oh I see! Here it is :

8eaab6b1281ce492163428e0e7b2e0fa247a0a93

Pls take a look this announcement Defold 1.4.3 - hotfix , and update Defold to the latest version (you should have suggestion to update in the right bottom corner )

2 Likes

I tested everything, no problem anymore!

Thank you a lot

3 Likes