3. Engine render:

22 Likes

It is a witchcraft :mage:

6 Likes

What would you choose?)

:thinking:

Some core-concepts were changed and all art is still temporary

14 Likes

Starting to feel like a game now. Most mechanics are in place, localisation and mobile support also working.

20 Likes

Great to read everyone is having fun. I look forward to playing these soon!

5 Likes

Fruit slicing game for gamejam

14 Likes

Can anyone elaborate on what can affect performance of HTML5 game on webstores?

Locally in runs both as desktop game and as HTML5 game with 59-60 FPS. After uploading to YaGames or itch.io performance is cut twice: in the main menu where is only gui (several buttons) it drops to 23-25 FPS, during the game itself it can be low as 5 fps.

FPS were measured with metrics extension. Same happened to the Cat Stories. Locally it was running fine, but on itch.io performance was bad.

1 Like

I know 2 causes affect performance:

7 Likes

Thanks @Dragosha, it was indeed debug version and I probably would not even thought about it in the first place.

6 Likes

So it is turning into my first puzzle platformer with physics :smiley:

17 Likes

I’m always curious to see the approach to such screen transitions. Is that a shader or a huge cheat (like I would do)?

3 Likes

Have submitted my game for moderation. You can play it here:

6 Likes

Please, make sure you add
«Game Jam 2021»
in the beginning of the game description

3 Likes

I have done in the English text.

EDIT: Actually, you’re right. There’s a tag you need to add as well ‘game jam 21’

4 Likes

Game font has a really wierd “и” letter in russian. I was struggling to read some texts)

2 Likes

Thanks for that report. I’ll swap the font out once the game’s been through moderation.

1 Like

This is a thing from Yandex Example from @aglitchman :wink:

It uses just this two smart things:

4 Likes

I assume that we need to upload and release game before December 1st. So, as it need to pass moderation it will be uploaded even before that date. But what about game update? Is it possible to send update on November 30th/December 1st for moderation and basically update the game after official deadline? And with future updates, should we wait for official results and only after that update game further (if it’s needed)?

2 Likes

Guys, where do you find some fonts that have cyryllic signs?

1 Like
2 Likes