Join the Defold and Yandex.Games Jam 2021

Interpret it exactly as you want! It could be very literal, like something you hit with a gun or an arrow, or it could be the target of a bounty hunter, or a certain goal/target you need to reach on a level.

3 Likes

Thanks. I just wanted to clarify)

2 Likes

A game about collecting pitch might be stretching it a bit too far, though. Tar get.

5 Likes

I talked with my team and we have a few additional questions about the jam.

1. For the jam, does the game need to be web, mobile, or both?
  2. If we do need to provide a web build (meant for a pc) how do we capture input from a Russian Keyboard?
    Thanks!

The game has to be playable on a desktop browser, from the Yandex.Games website. Mobile support is optional.

It should be enough to set a text binding in your input bindings to capture text input.

3 Likes

Some thesaurus inspiration.

11 Likes

Not sure what I’m doing, just doing.
Jam. Day 4.

My target: make a little game in 30 days.

21 Likes

Some progress)

11 Likes

Basic setup done, platforming + parallax background + controls + FSM
The main target (a goal for me for this game jam :D) is to add something unique to the movement + improve my level design skills + add different controls support + integrate yandex

22 Likes

First prototype is here. You can clearly see from what game the initial inspiration was taken)
But the other main mechanic should be just fine for this game jam theme. I hope it will also work well)

9 Likes

I also tried to add the prototype to the Yandex.Games and got this error after uploading archive:
file: Could not retrieve archive

Am I missing something? SDK was added. The game was packed inside zip archive.

1 Like

Btw, here is an official announcement from Yandex.Games (I know, it’s a bit late to post it here, haha):

9 Likes

I also tried to add the prototype to the Yandex.Games and got this error after uploading archive:
file: Could not retrieve archive

Reminder to myself: Do not put # in the archive name)

6 Likes

Robot movement)

12 Likes

Started a week late so not much to show yet. Single room puzzle platform type thing, maybe. Hey, at least there’s a target there.

15 Likes

Hi. This is nonstop runner game mockap. 1.5 week i lost on sprite creation, partitial animations, idea and mockaping. On this week i plan move all created art inside code :smiley: Used aseprite for pixelart, Krita for mockuping.

11 Likes

I dunno if you are already planning to do so or it is in already created art, but it’s hard to see the wolf. There is not enough contrast between it and bg. Wolf probably looks better in dynamic, but still.

3 Likes

Yes you are right, wolf hard to see, but i cannot write him in other way because this is Black Wolf ) but hi always has animation, so its help player. We run through level to catch wolf, this is current plan )

1 Like

Everу stealth need ventilation.

16 Likes

day 10 video: https://twitter.com/dragosha/status/1458474747558301699

19 days to go? :scream:

11 Likes