Issue with Orthographic Camera after Defold v.1.2.143

I was working on my game and all was fine and dandy. I was done working on it for the day when I noticed an editor update was available. I installed the update and re-ran the game to check out that it still works and suddenly my game is like this:

and the Orthographic Camera does not work anymore.

Any suggestions? :laughing: @britzl

2 Likes

I also checked in my develop branch and this issue happens there as well. It is not just in my current feature branch.

1 Like

Are you using any native extensions? If not, you could try an older engine executable from here: http://d.defold.com/stable/ to see if they resolve the issue.

I currently cannot remember any changes we’ve done lately to alter the behavior of the camera in such a way…

3 Likes

Can you please double check that the overrides you’ve made to camera.script properties haven’t been reset or something like that?

4 Likes

I did check. I messed around the parameters and it was reacting to the changes, but it still would never follow the target around.

I also tried removing the camera from the main.collection and adding it back with necessary settings and that did not work either. I had also recently been having issues with the orthographic camera not changing zoom levels even after using the example project as an example, but I am not sure if that discrepancy would be related.

1 Like

Sorry about that. It was caused by the deprecation of update frequency (used to deal with fallback when applying lerp when following a target). Released a new version: https://github.com/britzl/defold-orthographic/releases/tag/2.6.1

4 Likes

Awesome, thank you!

1 Like

It’s actually not a deprecation of that setting, it’s still called display.update_frequency. Since 1.2.143 all default values in game.project are written to the config file, so getting a default setting with sys.get_config will not return nil anymore but rather their default values.

5 Likes

A right-o! Thanks for clarifying!

2 Likes