I cant copy paste code in Defold editor when editing Lua scripts (SOLVED)

I am unable to copy paste code on my Defold LUA script editor. Even the ctrl+c/ctrl+v commands do not function. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thank you.

Hi!

What platform are you on? Do you use a regular QWERTY layout of the keyboard?

I haven’t heard about it before, can you think of any other specifics for your setup that might interfere? Have you experienced any issues with other applications?

Hi,
I’m using windows 64bit. And yes the keyboard is in the regular QWERTY layout. It seems to work fine when I copy code from outside the editor. It even works with other elements of the editor. The issue appears only when I try to copy LUA code within the editor.

1 Like

Very minor nitpick: It’s Lua, not LUA.

“Lua” (pronounced LOO-ah) means “Moon” in Portuguese. As such, it is neither an acronym nor an abbreviation, but a noun. More specifically, “Lua” is a name, the name of the Earth’s moon and the name of the language. Like most names, it should be written in lower case with an initial capital, that is, “Lua”. Please do not write it as “LUA”, which is both ugly and confusing, because then it becomes an acronym with different meanings for different people. So, please, write “Lua” right!

http://www.lua.org/about.html

4 Likes

Okay. Noted. But did not solve the issue. Thanks.

2 Likes

Well after restarting the engine a couple of times it seems to have solved it self. Thank you for your prompt response. Appreciate it much.

2 Likes