Humble Game Dev Bundle

The latest Humble Game Dev Bundle includes tools such as Pyxel Edit, Spriter Pro, Hexels and several other tools that might be useful. Check it out: https://www.humblebundle.com/game-developer-software-bundle

2 Likes

Pyxel alone makes it worth it to get. I’ve used the rest of the tools and wouldn’t recommend them. Hexels is a novelty, but really difficult to use productively. Spriter Pro is like Spine but different features. I backed its kickstarter (and Spine’s), Spine kind of stole its thunder. I don’t think it has a Spine export, people should use Dragon Bones instead if they are not going to use Spine.

hahaha Oh!No! man.

I read the @britzl post, went there and bought!. When I back here to post my order’s feedback @Pkeod doesn’t recomend the bundle

hahah cruel life!

It’s ok to support the devs still! Pico-8 is fun too but not for commercial work.

1 Like

What is this?

The bundle has this products, and costs only $10 ($1 each)

1. Clickteam Fusion 2.5 Standard
  2. Spriter Pro
  3. Spriter: Game Effects Pack
  4. Clickteam Fusion HTML5 Exporter
  5. Marmoset Hexels 2.5
  6. Spriter: Basic Platformer Pack
  7. Spriter: Run N’ Gun Pack
  8. Spriter: Adventure Platformer Pack
  9. Spriter: Radius-Wing SHMUP Animated Art Pack
  10. Spriter: RPG Heroes Pack

I never had seen this tools… but so… let’s try! thank you for this recomendation @britzl

You need to go through the process to redeem your Lexaloffle Account Activation key. Should be on your bundle paid sent to your e-mail.

Pico-8 is kind of like Defold in a way except it’s super minimal and it has near zero commercial production potential due to the way it works. A fun thing about it is you can create game carts which are images that have information embedded into them that you can share and then people with Pico-8 can play them as if Pico-8 was a console. Pico-8 attracts a lot of hobby gamedevs because of its unique aesthetics and feel. You can play their carts online, and most anything you can do in Pico-8 you can do in Defold but better http://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?cat=7&sub=2

This is an example of a cart

You could extract the embedded data from the image using a tool and inspect the contents. This guy publicly released his project source too which includes all of the data to run the game in one text file http://wasyl.eu/storage/lair.p8

Yes I also can recommend this bundle just because of Pyxels and Hexels 2. Awesome art tools.
Spriter kinda lost the battle against Spine due to not keeping up on the feature-side a couple of years ago and also not being as UI smart. Still today it’s a great tool and perfect if you want to use the Defold flipbook sprite animations (as said before. don’t expect Defold to have native support for it’s bone animation format).

Pico-8 is awesome for all us nerds. Look at it as the soft version of a Raspberry Pi :wink: (oh and I believe it runs great on R Pi as well)

Yes Yes. i read the e-mail again and have find all links now.

Thanks guys for all these hints!. I’m really new in this game world. And with help from all groups members, I have been learned a lot.

But the life it is so short to learn so many thing haha, OH GOD!

2 Likes

Keep it up, and stay focused. You’ll make it!

3 Likes

But what an awesome way to spend it!

2 Likes