How to update to the latest version

Defold (Mac OS Mojave 10.14.3) does NOT detect the updates. In the help window I see that I am still at version 1.2.145… How to force the update?

Thanks very much for any help and for the great work with Defold!

Ciao.

You’re not seeing an “Update Available” link in bottom right corner?

No, no “update available”. Also I get this message any time I launch my project

WARNING:DLIB: No IP found for local hostname iMac-di-AAAAAAA.local. Fallbacks to localhost

Is this related?

Thanks!

I too am not getting update button (am on 1.2.146).

I had 2 instances of Defold running. The 2nd instance had the “Update Available” option. But I did not click on that. I closed the 2nd instance and wanted to apply through the first instance, but somehow the update option never showed there.

Have closed and restarted the PC a few times too, still no sign of the update.

No, this is not related. That’s from the engine and the profiler service.

@vlaaad, @mats.gisselson, we did changes to the updated to support the new update flow. Is this somehow related to the problems seen here? What can be done to debug this?

I guess one option would be to download the new version and use that directly. Not optimal though…

1 Like

Can you post latest editor log file? Help -> Show Logs, when post log file containing most recent date in it’s name.

1 Like

Here’s the log file. Had to zip it as the forum doesn’t support the default filetype (.log) file attachment.

editor2.2019-02-20.zip (20.0 KB)

3 Likes

Looking at the logs I don’t see any problems: it asks for updates and downloads an update (using old update system, from channel editor-alpha). Though maybe these are logs of another editor that has “Update Available” button? Is it possible you used that other editor recently, and logs come from it?

I’d suggest downloading editor from the dashboard.

Also I wonder, why do you use 2 different editors?

Will download latest one manually then.

Not really, I closed both editors back when the update was pushed out. I believe it was Sunday/Monday. This log is from today , Wednesday.

I opened 2 editor instances (same version) as I was referring to some other piece that I had done earlier.

I’ll keep an eye out if the next update fails to come through.

2 Likes