Heroic Labs joins the Defold Foundation as a corporate partner

We’re happy to announce that Heroic Labs joins the foundation as a corporate partner. The Defold Foundation will work together with Heroic Labs to make the Nakama open-source realtime server for apps and games available to Defold developers. The Nakama open-source realtime server will be made available as an official client library with support for the full range of client APIs, including authentication, matchmaking, leaderboards, multiplayer and realtime chat.

You can read the full press release here: https://defold.com/2020/05/26/Heroic-Labs-joins-as-a-corporate-partner/

33 Likes

AWESOME! Look forward to this.

5 Likes

Aha! Very good news :space_invader: Congrats
But honestly, I prefer the client library could build around their C++ library. I was working on building native extension for it but we had to stop the project. It was faster than lua implementation of socket.

Edit: Nakama is a great solution by the way. You can start simple by your own and go to fleet management by using Agones

4 Likes

I don’t see the point of doing so, at least not for the HTTP requests.

For the socket/message part of the Nakama client I definitely see room for improvement. I would like to see a C implementation of Websockets for Defold. Once we have that we can migrate the socket part of the Nakama Defold client to use that instead.

7 Likes

Big plus folks… Big plus

4 Likes

mmmm, great news…
now we are super mans…

2 Likes

oh wow!! this could bring Malas Decisiones to the next level… .

4 Likes