Hero Slide - puzzle and dragons!

Hey,

I’m making a small puzzle game called Hero Slide. Nothing too fancy but I’m about to release it on iOS and Android.

You basically slide blocks on a board a bit like in 2048, and you have to match similar blocks to trigger them. Each block type has a different effect (gives you life, coins, explodes, curses etc…). Every time you slide, you lose 1 life and when you reach 0 or you cannot move anymore… You die!

Pretty simple… Your goal is to survive as long as possible and earn the highest score.
Here’s what it looks like:

It took about a month to build while learning Defold at the same time. The Engine I found very easy to use, but of course the game is very simple. Most of my headaches actually came from the iOS and Android build and submit process. I’m happy to have experienced it and understand it better now.

Hope you’ll like it!

Update: Game is released!
On iPhone
And on google play

24 Likes

This is really cool stuff! I’m looking forward to testing this when it’s released!

1 Like

And it’s out!

On iPhone
And on google play

It’s free, so if you like it, tell your friends!
Cheers!

8 Likes

Great stuff! Installing it now!

Cool! This will definitely occupy an hour or two of my train ride today! Great job :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gozock:
Any chance to open sources of your game?

Woo-hoo: Touch Arcade Game of the week http://toucharcade.com/2016/07/15/toucharcade-game-of-the-week-hero-slide/

7 Likes

Wow, great job, congrats @Gozock!!

1 Like

Just downloaded. Good game, well done.

1 Like

Thanks guys! :blush:

3 Likes

Just downloaded it and i wasn’t expecting much but really good game well done you should be proud!

1 Like

I planned to work on the Spine support in Editor2 last night, but kept playing “one more time” until 2am. It’s really good. F*cking dragons. :smiley:

3 Likes

Hey nice and fun game!

I noticed that when you’re upping your stats, at some point the particles become just a white square.

.Gian

2 Likes

Oups! Thanks for the heads up, made a mistake when rearranging my atlases… Going to fix it right now!

2 Likes

Great review here too – “A very rare and beautiful combination of dungeon crawler and slide puzzle game, this game serves as one of the greatest tile games.” Congrats and great work, @Gozock! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I recently started playing this and I love it! Great job! :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

It’s lovely! Great job!

1 Like

I’m adding this to “In the spotlight” on the website, so I added the download links to your original posts so that people find them more easily. Hope you don’t mind @Gozock :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So what is everyones stats and highscore? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi score 128 577 :slight_smile:

@Gozock: I love the game. Easy and addictive!

3 Likes