It was pointed out to me on Slack that the Defold Wikipedia article is a redirect to King (King (company) - Wikipedia). Defold should really have its own webpage, just like Godot, Unity and GameMaker.
The problem is that anyone working for the Defold Foundation or King has a conflict of interest and we can’t create the page. The page about Defold must also have what Wikipedia calls notability, meaning that for something to warrant a page it must have references in literature and on the internet from other sources than defold.com.
So, this is a request for help from the community to create the Defold Wikipedia article. The three most active editors will receive Defold swag and/or keys to Defold games on Steam and Nintendo Switch.
For the 2016 launch announcement there’s a ton of news articles. Some examples:
- Why King is entering the game engine space with DeFold | Pocket Gamer.biz | PGbiz
GDC 2017 competition:
- Defold GDC 2017 Developer Contest Announced – GameFromScratch.com
- Melsoft, Family Island and Defold - «Мы получили опционы», — авторы Family Island об объединении с Melsoft | App2top
- Grant for the Web - Defold: A Grant for the Web Awardee
- Heroic Labs partnership - https://heroiclabs.com/blog/defold-partnership/
- Educational Content - https://craigndave.org/documenting-defold-programming-projects-ocr-a-level/
EDIT 2023-09-19: We will no longer offer any compensation in terms of swag or game keys to anyone helping us to create a wikipedia as that is seen as a breach of contribution guidelines.