Getting notifications when an application working

I am not sure that is the bug.
But now I have very strange behavior:
I receive app notification when I am in game.

I am sure that when I worked on notifications (in some lower version of defold), I should have closed or rollup an app to recieve notification.

But now I am playing my app and same time recieve notifications from my app.

Is it bug?

Hmm, what app notification are we talking about?

For now we using only local notifications.

Ok, perhaps @sven or @britzl knows more about the push nitifications?

I don’t think we have changed anything regarding to local push notifications in quite a while. If I remember correctly, if the game is running while a scheduled notification triggers, the callback would be called directly instead of showing a notification “toast”/popup… Could it be some change in a newer iOS version? I’ll try to reproduce it on one of our devices here.

We test game on android.
Strange, but I’m sure that I have had other behavior in my app.

Ok. With current isue and my previos issue I understand that I do not understand how it works and how it should be…

I’ll try to remake whole my notification manager on the next week.

1 Like

Perhaps we can improve the manual on local and remote push notifications? If you find that information is missing then please let us know and we’ll try to improve it!

1 Like

Yes, of course.

I have an idea, maybe you know: is it possible to track close app event with 100% probability? (can I be sure that final method of script runs when user close an app)
If it’s possibll I would make one central point in code of registration all local notifications and the remove them all when app start.

No, if the engine crashes (which should be very rarely) the final() of scripts will not be called. If the app is shut down properly then yes, final() should always be called.

1 Like