Frontlaners

About a year ago I showed off the demo to Frontlaners, and today I’m happy to announce everything is finished, and it’s out for free on Itch.io

Frontlaners is a comedically written, single-player, simplified RTS game; inspired by early flash games like Age of War, and born from a desire for less mechanically demanding strategy titles with more freedom of army composition, Frontlaners takes a laid-back approach to the RTS genre. Gameplay focuses on pre-planning, Unit and Ability composition, and risk management.

Send units down a series of lanes to destroy the enemy’s units and castle, charge and unleash special abilities to turn the battle in your favor, beat levels to unlock the Enemy’s set of units and their Special Ability to use for your own benefit, mix and match your army for advantageous combinations.

Contains 5 playable levels.

I had a lot of fun making this, it took a bit longer than I expected (1.5 years to complete), but it was worth it for everything I learned during the process. Also a huge thanks to the community and the forums, I’ve had at least 2 hard-breaks that I could only have fixed with the help of everyone there.

14 Likes

Hi,
Its a very nice game… I like games where u control armies and mine…a bit like the original warcraft…but 2d.
Some feedback…
Would like to have a way to remind my self of what the different soldiers are once playing… so on screen text “archer” etc… Maybe if I hold my mouse over a character ?
Also I found myself wanting to click on the lanes to choose them… But I found that you have key shortcuts which is good.

Seems like it could be quite addictive… I got annihilated by the computer on my first go … left me wanting more.

I will have another go tomorrow. :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ve finally released the game so here’s the new rundown!

3 Likes