Fast testing 1 collection

Hello I’m back to ask something

is possible to test my new collection without change the game project

which the procedure is
game.project > bootstrap > main collection.

I only want to test new collection. Without change the main collection? Compare with godot or unity they have test 1 scene / node, without change the main scene.

it’s possible to do that? or any tips for do that without lazy change the game project?

Depends if you have any strong dependencies between collections, but if you keep everything tidy and separated, I don’t see any problems with replacing your main.collection to any other in game.project > bootstrap. I do it all the time in my projects :smiley:

EDIT. Sorry, I misinterpreted your question - why do you want to do so without changing the game.project settings? What’s the use case? :smiley:

game.project is the first file that is read - so I don’t see any options to modify it at runtime (except properties that are exposed). Maybe you can create some kind of main.collection that contains all your other projects and activate each of them you want to test with proxies? I’m just guessing, not sure about what could be useful for you :wink:

3 Likes

I think the best you could do is make an editor script that lets you right-click a collection and have it automatically set as the bootstrap collection.

5 Likes

Hello thanks for answering my question

why do you want to do so without changing the game.project settings? What’s the use case? :smiley:

I’m just lazy hahahaha, instead of changing it manually I prefer to do it with 1 click-fast button :slight_smile:

so yeah maybe make main.collection clean then add my other collection (with proxies or just add for testing)

I think the best you could do is make an editor script that lets you right-click a collection and have it automatically set as the bootstrap collection.

wow. just found this

Thanks guys… maybe that for my answer. Will more deeper check on editor_script on weekend.

2 Likes

Then this:

Might be really an answer for you :smiley:

Check out already created scripts posted in here:

1 Like