Facebook instant error (SOLVED)

hi, i need a little help with a few error in facebook instant.

You’re referring to the “wasm streaming compile failed: TypeError: Response has unsupported MIME type”?

This is related to Webassembly somehow. @sven what does that error actually mean?

1 Like

Hi!

You shouldn’t be afraid of any of those prints/outputs. None of them are fatal, in fact only two are actually errors!

Let’s start with the errors:

• "wasm streaming compile failed: ... unsupported MIME type" - The server does not correctly tell the browser what type of file the WebAssembly file is. But this is no big issue, there are multiple fallback solutions! In fact in this case it will still load the engine as WebAssembly (but not as efficient) indicated by the following line: "falling back to ArrayBuffer instantiation".
  • "Error: WebGL warning: getParameter: pname: invalid enum ..." - Is due to an internal check we do in Defold to see if the platform/browser supports a specific feature. This is in fact just a warning, and nothing you need to worry about, it is handled internally. :+1:

Now the other output, such as the "INFO:ENGINE ..." output are not errors at all, even if they are “red”, they are just regular outputs/prints from the engine. The reason for them being red is just the way we bind outputs in Defold to write to the JavaScript console, and nothing to worry about. However, if you saw something like "ERROR:* ..." instead it would in fact be something we could investigate! :slight_smile:

Now that we have gone through the log, I guess you are actually having issues with your Facebook instant game, but nothing in the log indicates this. Could you describe how the game behaves instead, does it start at all? Maybe @britzl has more knowledge of common pitfalls with instant games?

6 Likes

Maybe defold should print info-level logs to console.info instead of console.error?

1 Like

Yes, we have that in our backlog to change. Probably a one-liner though… :-/

1 Like

ok, thanks for the replys, and the problem with the game didn’t load i solved it. it was i never start the game in the lua script jajaja.

1 Like