Export to consoles (NX, Wii U, PS4, XONE, VITA) [SOLVED]

Hello, I know that Defold focus is mobile devices, pc and web games. But I’d like to know if it’s very difficult to port a game made with defold to consoles. I’m intend to be a Nindie on Nintendo NX. o/

Thanks

3 Likes

Official runtimes for these do not exist yet, and we are not able to make our own runtimes as of now. These consoles have been requested before. The current ideal targets for Defold projects are iOS / Android.

2 Likes

It’s quite hard to answer such a thing when noone even knows what NX is yet :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, this mystery kills me inside hoohoh. But my question is if it’s very difficult to port a game made with defold to consoles. If I can port to PS4 or XONE then with a little more effort may be possible to port it to another console.

1 Like

You cannot port the game yourself. Since the engine is distributed as a binary, built for each supported platform, we (the Defold team) need to add support PS4, XBox, Wii etc and it is currently not planned in the near future.

2 Likes

+1 for future NX support. I hate how Nintendo only gives Unity as an engine option on their developer website

1 Like