Error preventing me from opening defold editor

well there’s a first time for everything… Just downloaded editor 1 on a mackbook air. I tried to install it and it said some java component was missing. I installed the recommended file. Then when I tried to open it again I got another log error message: “An error has occurred. See the log file
/Users/loren/.eclipse/700172654/configuration/1498809979457.log.”

I will now try out editor 2

I’m curious, what component did it ask for? We ship Editor 1 with a Java JRE, so it is self contained (no extra installed should be needed afaik)

1 Like

I can’t remember exactly, but the dialogue box that popped up had a details button which linked me to this page when I clicked on it https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?locale=en_AU

1 Like

I deleted editor 1 and re-installed it and now it works

1 Like

I can’t remember exactly, but the dialogue box that popped up had a details button which linked me to this page when I clicked on it https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?locale=en_AU1

same in window 7. Both editor still loading and didnot open project. help please.

Can you please describe the problem in s bit more detail? Where did you unpack the files? What happens when you run it? Which version did you download?

i unpack it in d drive and splash screen still loading from an hour.

is defold run with java version install in window because i have jdk1.8 ?

We bundle our own version of Java. Can you try running as administrator?

Can you share defold editor logs? They are located in C:\Users\%Your Username%\AppData\Local\Defold

yes, but didnot know how to answer?

In that folder there should be files like editor2.%date%.log — please post here a file with most recent date.

1 Like

here file, it didnot let me upload log file so i changed it to .txt file
editor2.2019-07-31.txt (31.4 KB)

i see the config file where codes are written :-
[platform]
osx =-Xdock:icon=${bootstrap.resourcespath}/logo.icns,-Xdock:name=Defold
windows =

is that right for windows

The log shows this:

JavaFX Application Thread] ERROR editor.gl - {:line 83}
com.jogamp.opengl.GLException: renderbuffer [attachmentType DEPTH_STENCIL, iformat 0x88f0] failed: Unsupported FBO format

There’s some OpenGL errors in the log. What kind of graphics card do you have and is your drivers updated?

1 Like

intel® 4 series express chipset family

Can you please check for a graphics driver update? Can you run other OpenGL based applications?

yes, i use blender 3d software and i have openGl2.1

i donnot understant why it didnot load editor? i use big editors like blender3d , unity3d etc.