Error message when building with bob

When trying to build my project for web with bob (bob.jar --archive --platform js-web build bundle) I get the following error:

The build failed for the following reasons:
ERROR scenes/level_menu/level_menu.gui:0 javax.vecmath.Point3d.getX()D

The project builds fine in the editor. I am using Editor 2.

1 Like

I’m not really sure of the proper solution for this. The vecmath issue is mentioned in older posts, such as this one. @Ragnar_Svensson, any idea?

The empty ext-dirs parameter mentioned in that thread helped, but got me “Unable to create ManifestFile, hashing algorithm not supported instead”.

I can’t find any vecmath.jar in the Defold 2 app bundle either

Ok, so I found this thread, and using java from within the Defold app bundle instead of the standard one ran without issues if I removed the ext-dirs parameters.

2 Likes

Ok, cool. Maybe if you update to the latest JDK (I use jdk1.8.0_131)?

I have 1.8.0_65, but according to the linked thread it is the cryptography that is the culprit.

So - actually these are the steps I need to take to make it work if I delete the build directory:

• java -Djava.ext.dirs= -jar /Applications/Defold/bob.jar --archive --platform js-web build

This will give me the “Unable to create ManifestFile, hashing algorithm is not supported!” error (regardless of using the Defold or default Java), but most of the project will be built so after that running

• java -jar /Applications/Defold/bob.jar --archive --platform js-web build

Finishes successfully and I can then bundle.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Archiving fails with ERROR level/level.collection:0 javax.vecmath.Vector3d.getX()D on java 1.8.0_144. Also tried with Defold’s java with no luck.