ERROR:GAMESYS: Collision objects in 3D can not have a tile grid as shape

There is my project. I have 2 main issues with my game currently. First is the issue stated in the title. What I have done is made 1 game object, with walls, then copied and pasted it so i could use the same shape, but rotated. This is found in map/map.collection. I get the error ERROR:GAMESYS: Collision objects in 3D can not have a tile grid as shape. Anyone know how to get an easy fix to this, or is it a case of placing the walls in manually?

Secondly, before i copied and pasted the game objects i was having an issue of the camera, and most likely the player as well being stuck in the floor and being unable to move. I have the camera added to player.collection, which is part of hud.collection. I am using this as my main collection btw. Anything to check for, or known solutions? I haven’t found anything

Thanks in advance

If you are using 3D physics in your game.project under physics then you need to be using 3D collision shapes. 2D tilemaps can’t be used for 3D physics enabled collision shapes. If you didn’t mean to enable 3D physics then you can just set it back to 2D. You can’t mix both in the same project.

2021-09-26 03_02_27-Window

If you do want 3D physics then you’ll need to clear the collision data of the tilemap. In your case, the sky tilemap. You’ll need to find another way to do tile based collisions if you want to also have 3D physics collision on characters for whatever reason. There would be a variety of ways to deal with it. I’m now sure what your game design is but you might be able to accomplish it with just 2D collisions while still having a 3D presentation.

I didn’t really look at your player movement code but it did look like the camera was moving, though in a weird way. I recommend isolating it, simplifying it so whatever issues it has can become more clear.

1 Like

I have made cubes, in the shape of the walls, and of the floor, so hopefully that solves that issue. I have a 3D game, so I think thats the easiest solution, and that error has no gone

I’ll have a play around and see what happens with the players movements

Thanks for helping

1 Like