Editor error?

(Hi, I’m new to the Defold engine. Accordingly, it’s my first time posting a question on the forum, so please close your eyes even if the format is immature…;() Even if I play completed games, the background image is always black and invisible. Sometimes the character cannot be played at all. The console window only says ‘failed to read name of module’, but I’m not sure if it’s related to the error. I downloaded the sample game to see if I made the wrong code so it doesn’t work, but the same thing happens. I would appreciate it if you could help me.

Everybody is new to everything at some point, it’s nothing to be embarrassed about. One tip I can give you is that error messages might not mean anything to you, but might be more meaningful to others (especially those that wrote them!). So I recommend copying and pasting the exact error message you get as it might be relevant even if you don’t think so.

Thank you for your sincere advice!!! The message ‘WARNING: CRASH: Failed to read name of module’ appears when debugging is started and nothing is played… I have a good feeling about this engine but I can’t start learning because it fails from the start of the build.

No problem!

Oh, that was really the full error message! It really sounded like there should be more, but I did find it here and that is indeed the full message. My mistake. Anyway - I am not familiar with this error so will have to wait for someone else to help.

Wow… If this is really an editor’s problem and can solve it, I’d be very happy. I have deleted and re-downloaded the editor several times due to this problem. Thank you again!!!:slight_smile:

We need more information to be able to help you: How to get help

1 Like