Do not open this suitcase: devlog

This is amazing news, @88.josh! Well-deserved, awesome work. Keep us posted! :smiley:

2 Likes

Congrats, well done!

what company? :wink:
Also if there’s any link, image or smth else to SMM - tell us, we’ll happily do it.

1 Like

@oleg: the company is called ouiplay! They have a cool website.

But we (neither me nor the company) are not ready for social media yet, so, I’ll let you know in a week or two (or possibly longer) once we start with the big push.

2 Likes

we’re ready when you’re ready =) Until then - another round of congratz.

1 Like

NEW WEBSITE!

www.donot-open.com @britzl you get a well deserved mention here!!

@Oleg_The_Evangelist you have a pm.

8 Likes

Hi! Good morning!

Any help with this error?

I don’t see the entire output, but this is typically caused by having both an atlas and a tilesource with the same name and in the same folder. Both an atlas and a tilesource generates a .texturec file, thus the conflict.

1 Like

Yes, this is reported here in Editor 2. I’ll ping @mats.gisselson and @Erik_Angelin to let them now the occurrance rate :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t see the entire output, but this is typically caused by having both an atlas and a tilesource with the same name and in the same folder. Both an atlas and a tilesource generates a .texturec file, thus the conflict.

That was it! Thanks britzl!

Just one thing: I am now getting “java.lang.NullPointerException: Unknown” when trying to bundle android. I suppose that is harder to fix… I have reported it via the report button.

1 Like

I was checking your error report, and it is indeed texture related (we get a null pointer)
How did you resolve the duplicate texture/atlas issue?

1 Like

I changed the name of a .png that had the same name as the atlas. Both were in the same folder. But, I didn’t ever manage to build the APK. I started getting the “java. lang. NullPointerException: Unknown” error mentioned above. I don’t know if they are related.

1 Like

But it works when you “build and launch”?
Can you bundle for any other platform? (osx, windows…)

I think it’s still related to the texture renaming, that somewhere we refer to the old texture (thus getting a null pointer). You could try to find the reference with some search tool (the defold files are text based).
E.g. with ripgrep:

$ cd myproject/
$ rg "logo.png"
main/logo.atlas
2:  image: "/main/images/logo.png"
1 Like

I am not comfortable with command line usage, but, I only have about 20 elements in my project (files are arranged alphabetically so it was quite quick to check) and it seems there are no duplicates.

I changed the location I was saving the APK, I deleted and re-added the image in question, nothing works. I should say: originally, I had a PNG with the same name as the atlas. (Logo, which is the default name). I am not sure if that makes the name conflict theory more or less likely. I have no tilesets.

Josh

Well, you can use a tool like notepad++ (or something similar) to do a text-search in files (.) in a folder.
I was after any references to the old filename, not any more actual duplicates on disc.

Okay,

I have used the Mac OS search function to search for “logo” (which also searches in .script and .collection files, etc) which came up with a few files within my project file. I opened the files using text edit, but I only found references to “logo2” (which is what I renamed the troublesome .png file) and several text files which referenced collections and gameobjects called “logo”. I changed all of those to have different names. Then I renamed the atlas, which was the other possible source of conflict.

I am still getting the error, both for bundling android and bundling macOS. (weirdly, I can still build or rebuild and play the game using project->build)

Hmm, strange. If you wouldn’t mind, I can take a look if you invite me to your project (mathias.westerdahl at king.com)

Thanks. I have added you as a team member now. I am so ashamed of my coding. Please don’t judge me too harshly.

1 Like

Hi again!
Did you synchronize the project first? I’m missing loaderchecker.collection

I have re-synced now.

2 Likes