Dmengine headless release (DEF-3002)

Why are there no release version of the dmengine headless?
Our gameserver is running headless on AWS and I can both see unnecessary traffic going in/out and also debugging/logging.
This is a very price crucial thing as we want to keep both network traffic and performance down as much as possible on the server.
Question: Why isn’t there a release version of the headless?

1 Like

A valid point, I’m not fully sure why we don’t build such a configuration by default, but I guess there hasn’t been a real use case before. Adding an issue for this; DEF-3002

Pinging @Mathias_Westerdahl who might know if this configuration is possible to do through a NE app manifest.

1 Like

Well, for historical reasons, the dmengine_headless is built towards the “engine” lib, which has logging enabled.

Now, with the app manifests, you can combine the two: release and headless.

3 Likes

Any documentation for the app manifest or do you want to wait until it’s out of alpha?
Just knowing that it can be done is making me much calmer and joyful! :defold::defold::defold:

1 Like

The documentation is being worked on. But in the meantime, you can use the released support for the app manifest by taking the “union” of the two app manifests here (release and headless. I updated my post here with just such an app manifest. It is the union of the two original manifests.

1 Like