Dmengine.apk 1.2.44 wont install on Android (SOLVED)

My phone is a Samsung A3 2016 running Android 7.0.

Get the message “App not installed”.

1.2.43 installs fine.

How are you installing it? Via ADB? Or download and install? And we’re talking about the dmengine.apk downloaded from d.defold.com right?

Downloaded from d.defold.com/stable and install the downloaded file.

Do you have an old version installed or did you uninstall that prior to installation of 1.2.144?

I tried myself and I got a “Blocked by Play Protect” popup. Did you get that too? Also, if you didn’t allow it to install the first time you got that popup then it will block any further attempts to install the app again. Not sure how to allow it to install…

3 Likes

Play Protect settings can be found in Google Play in the menu, but I didn’t find a way to list blocked apps. Disabling Play Protect allowed me to install dmengine.apk though.

1 Like

I got the same error a while back, but it occurred whenever I had an older version of that app installed. Uninstalling and then reinstalling the new version might do the trick

1 Like

Thanks, that sorted it. The Play Protect box did pop up on the first attempt earlier on, I must’ve tapped the wrong option and blocked the app by mistake.

5 Likes

Hello, a publisher tried our game on a range of devices and found that in won’t install on several Android devices.
Perhaps this is related to the Play Protect issue, not sure yet.

I was wondering if Play Protect only blocks installs on direct APK installs. Or would it also block when installing a game from Google Play, after publishing?