Discord Emoji Submissions

Hej everyone!

Great news! We are going to add new custom emojis to the Discord server. And when I say “we”, I mean “you”. Yes, that’s right. The Defold Discord server has grown a lot and we couldn’t have done that without your support. So thank you all! Submit your ideas for new emojis!

Do you want to show off a project you’re working on? For example a game character or perhaps your game logo? Now is your chance!

Are there any rules? Yes!

• You must be a member on the Discord server.
  • If it’s a game character or logo, the game has to be made with Defold.
  • It must be SFW and for all ages. No political, religious, racist, sexist, sexually explicit, violent, or otherwise offensive & disturbing content. Keep it nice and fun. We want you to be able to open the Discord server in public places.
  • You must get permission from the original artist. If you’re not the creator of the emoji, we’re going to ask you to please confirm with the artist that they’re truly ok with the emoji being used on our server.
  • We will accept static images (PNG) and GIFs. The emoji file size must be smaller than 256kb. If it goes over the limit it won’t be considered as a valid submission, please make sure to check beforehand! Discord emojis are 32x32, but you can upload emojis up to 128x128 pixels. Try to use that aspect ratio and stay within that range for the highest quality! As far as possible, images and GIFs need to be transparent.
  • Include the name you want to give your emoji, following this naming convention, one word or two words linked by an underscore in between two colons.
    Examples: :defold: or :defold_rocks:

Closing date:
At the time of writing there is no closing date set. You can send in submissions any day, but keep in mind that there might not be room for your emoji right away.

Disclaimer:
We reserve the right to reject a submission if we feel it does not comply with the friendly attitude we try to maintain on our Discord server or to make room for new emojis in the future. There are limited slots available so it could be that not all will make the cut. But don’t let this discourage you from sending in your submission.

If you no longer want your emoji to be used on the Discord server, send a message in the Discord server or sent a PM to @amel#3901 or to a member of the Defold Team.

Not a member yet? Or would you like to invite more Defold users? Use this link!
https://discord.gg/cHBde7J

9 Likes

:defold: :+1:

3 Likes

Great initiative!

I submit a :running_bean:

runningbean

7 Likes

Here’s one from Fates of Ort:

emotes_large0005

:foo_eye:

7 Likes

Witchcrafter’s logo is already on server :smiley:
Here’s also a Xerion - fifth element: xerion32 if you find it cool :wink:

I can’t post gif emojis on Discord, maybe add also a one-frame png version? :frowning:

4 Likes

These have been added to the Discord server!

@britzl Like @Pawel said, it would be great if you have a one-frame version as well! :smile:

4 Likes

runningbean

4 Likes

Another bean:

bean-intro_bean-orange-sign-right

4 Likes

Thank you! These have been added as well! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hello , here is one for the community!

Google Photos

Format Ready for Discord:
(128x128) 139kb Name: ( :Defold_Award: )

(Had to upload to google and edit post because forum upload didn’t work for some reason? Is it because it’s my first post? )

7 Likes

Probably!

Here are a couple more useful submissions.

thank_you
Resolution:(128x128) Size: 13.6kb Name: ( :thank_you: )

good_idea
Resolution:(128x128) Size: 16.5kb Name: ( :good_idea: )

2 Likes

Been a while since any emoji’s were added to discord so here is a couple more. I am sure there are a lot more slots available so any ideas for more is welcome!

Nice
Resolution:(128x128) Size: 18.1kb Name: ( :nice: )

debug
Resolution:(128x128) Size: 6.50kb Name: ( :debug: )

2 Likes

Thank you for your submission @MasterMind! They have been added to the Discord server!

There is still room for some more emoji’s! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Time for some new discord emoji’s?

Coffee
Resolution:(128x128) Size: 26.8 KB Name: ( :Kaffi: )

Preview:
Discord_preview

Community_Coins
Resolution:(128x128) Size: 36.0 KB Name: ( :community_coins : )

Preview
Discord_preview2

Here’s a zip with the images since the forum converts to .jpg
Defold_emojis.zip (62.3 KB)

Have ideas for other discord emoji’s? please share and I can help create them if you’d like.

12 Likes

Thanks again, @MasterMind. They look great! I’ve added them to the server, and they can now be used! :smiley:

7 Likes