DeLAB Arcade Demo

Arcade_Demo

Putting one of my rendering ideas to work over the weekend in my render / shader testing scene I call DeLAB. I had the idea of rendering a mini-game onto the screen of a 3d arcade machine and it was really fun and exciting for me to get it working. I can now say I have a firm grasp with the rendering pipeline in defold and it’s like the flood gates opening with seemingly endless creative possibilities. Everything from awesome mini maps, mirrors and water reflections, 3d portals you can walk through, and live displaying virtual cameras just to name a few. Defold is such a powerful tool and I would recommend it to all game developers.

It would have been done sooner but I wanted to take the extra step and spiff up the mini-game complete with post process shaders. I hope it’s ok that I use the defold logos so much in these things , I just want to promote the engine where I can. I put the demo on itch for folks to check out , the build is meant to run in PC browsers no guarantee for phones. Cheers!

18 Likes

Extremely cool! Looking forward to seeing more of what you learn and make!

4 Likes

Thank you for putting together such a cool demo! Well done!

The Defold logo is actually a trademark and as such requires formal approval before use. On behalf of the Defold Foundation I hereby grant you approval to use the Defold logo for this demo!

Note: The exception is the Made With Defold text + Logo which does NOT require approval before use.

6 Likes

@MasterMind, this is genius, such a cool idea!

4 Likes

Appreciated @Pkeod @britzl & @anon95708182 ! Looking forward to many more of these.

Aaah thank you! Good to know , I will chill out on the logo use so I won’t need to request approval to often. Thanks again.

I created a diagram showing how it is put together for the most part.

cheers~ :metal:

7 Likes

Thank you @MasterMind for this very informative diagram. And yes, please more creations from DeLAB!

2 Likes