Defold video channel

It took a while but we made it. Hear about processes at King.

I know, the focus on artists and crashes may appear annoying. I take the blame to be hated for not figuring out any other dramatic angle for the video to be appealing to a broader crowd.

Will try to finish the second part by Monday.

11 Likes

Really great video, nice music :smiley: I appreciate you gave us the opportunity to glimpse at King’s studio. It’s nice to see them using Defold :blush:

3 Likes

That desk between Caitlin and Oleg is mine! Which basically makes me famous!

8 Likes

well, you got the kudos for the shader as well.

5 Likes

Great, Great, Great, Great Video. I really enjoyed watching this one, and can’t wait for the second part. Yet I feel that this video missed the usual intro by our @Oleg_The_Evangelist :wink:
BTW: Did I mention this was an awesome video ?

7 Likes

The wait is over =) @TheKing0x9
Hugs for your warm words.

Pet Rescue Puzzle Saga - Developer diaries part 2: The last mile with Defold

11 Likes

so with the Part 2 of devblogs has no drama and controversy, unlike the Part 1. Part 2 is all just nice and positive. Which results to about 30% worse performance in watch time and engagement, despite it being twice shorter :wink:

This was the main reason for the Part 3 about programmers never happening. It was assembled and produced, but never polished and released because the Part 2 did not perform that well.

Even more interesting, that these two videos were released internally first (sometime in February IIRC), and the watch/engagement results were more or less same as now with public release.

7 Likes

Naaaaa show us the programmers too :smiley:

5 Likes

There is drama now!

1 Like

Now that’s your style :heart_eyes:.
And we want the programmers too :smile:

3 Likes

Maybe “Part 2” affects watch times? People might be demotivated to watch it if they haven’t seen “Part 1” because they might think there is some context they are missing?

4 Likes