Defold Slack is open!

You may want to add a direct link to http://defold.slack.com there too. If you’ve already joined the group but are not logged in, the join button only offers to re-register you (which sends you an email you are already in the group), there is no “log in and enter” option.

1 Like

Good point @Klear! Added link for existing members.

2 Likes

The ‘join Defold Slack’ link no longer works… the resulting page says “This link is no longer active”

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll take a look. I think Slack might have changed from invite links with unlimited lifetime to only lasting for a month… a reason for us to perhaps move to Discord instead.

2 Likes

I’ve updated the website invite link (but yes it only lasts 30 days now). The new version will be available in a few minutes.

2 Likes

Any thoughts on migrating to Discord? I find it far easier to manage and switch between groups/servers/spaces than I do Slack. There is the current unofficial Discord, but having an official one (or making it the official one) would be ideal.

2 Likes

Should make the unofficial one official(ly ran by the community @amel has been doing a great job). Then get the short link for discord.gg/defold for it.

3 Likes

I’m tempted to be honest. We decided to use Slack because King used it. Now that we’re no longer part of King there’s less reason to stick with Slack.

I haven’t used Discord much but there’s no support for conversation threads in Discord?

2 Likes

You can reply to people and it will show the reply, but there are not threads in the same way Slack has.

2 Likes

The lack of Slack-like threads in Discord is annoying, but depending on the volume it’s actually not as bad as I thought it would be.

A solution is to tell people to bring certain topics here to the forum, that it is more appropriate to discuss in a dedicated forum topic.

3 Likes