Defold Roadmap for 2021

We have shared a first look at the roadmap for 2021 on the Defold blog. Check it out:

42 Likes

Lovely! Console support is exciting, and I’m really looking forward to take advantage of performance improvements!

:defold:

12 Likes

Really awesome!
Thanks for the hard work, Defold team!

6 Likes

My favorite :heart: mentions:

• Culling
  • Variable and high refresh rate screens
  • Run-time modification of collision object groups and masks
9 Likes

Wooohooo! :partying_face: the best roadmap!

I’m really looking forward to Spine and Box2D (in particular WheelJoints, which I have mentioned in this thread) update! and if possible - in what quarter of the year Box2D is expected?

Folks, let’s show our love and support by reaching the first Community donation goal finally!

7 Likes

It’s Fantastic!!!
Thank you for all your support!!!
Defold is my best tool!!!

5 Likes

We will start with Spine as that aligns better with some other work and once that is completed we move on to Box2D. Probably Q3.

8 Likes

The roadmap looks amazing!
I think trim/crop for sprites for the Defold texture packer would be a great addition to the “Stability and performance” section, especially for a big project. That might help to reduce memory consumption.
But the roadmap looks huge already.

9 Likes

Roadmap sounds great, thanks! :innocent:

• Use Mesh data as shapes for physics collisions

It’s about 3d model meshes, right?

4 Likes

Excited about the roadmap! And so glad that Culling made it into this! In general, the whole Stability and Performance section looks really promising. Among new features I am looking especially to be able to modify collision params in runtime :wink: And regarding platforms - indeed Switch support made Defold very attractive and a strong point for recommendations, so more platforms are welcome :slight_smile:

I am very happy with this roadmap, it includes almost everything I want to have in Defold :slight_smile: Thank you very much!

6 Likes

The roadmap is great! Thumbs up for all performance tweaks. Optimization is great as it is, but there just can’t be enough of those improvements) Special yay for XBOX/PS support!

Just would love to see sprite trimming in features list for 2021. Really essential feature for our current projects.

12 Likes

Nice ! Can wait to work with new spine support.
And it would be great if Defold can clip / mask collection / game object by simply adding a clipping component :wink:
Clipping non gui is still a pain

2 Likes