Defold PBR progress

Hello! I’m getting back into PBR rendering and have made some progress on the pipeline parts of the extension. I’m currently adding editor integration via editor scripts to generate the input data needed for the rendering from .HDR images:

With the upcoming Defold 1.4.6 we have been refactoring a lot in the internals of the graphics adapters in order to support passing texture handles between gameobject world and render scripts, which essentially means that you can create a texture resource and pass it to the renderer to bind it as a texture in a draw command.

With all this going on, I’m getting very close to releasing a first alpha version, just need to fix the GL support and do some device testing first. But hopefully within the coming week!

27 Likes

OpenGL Version works now:

23 Likes

Lovely! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Aaaand the web version works as well:

18 Likes

And iOS as well!

15 Likes

That is really quite something! Very, very cool. :star_struck:

4 Likes

Yeah I’m happy so far! Getting very close to a first release :slight_smile:

8 Likes

And finally android:

Think I’m done with platform support for now (bar PS4, but that should already be fine)

13 Likes

Ey, hope you post the source code online, it really is some polished gem you crafted, i hope someday i can be such a 3D graphics programmer myself. But fr, id like the source code to look at, specially when it is 3D.

1 Like

Yea it’s publicly available, but I need some more documentation and a few export scripts before I feel ready for a first release. Even if it would be an alpha release I feel that I need to explain some parts of the materials and the tools (mainly to avoid spending to much time with support). But glad you’re liking it!

8 Likes

i found your repos on github, im pretty happy by now, i can just read the code and make some sense of it. Good thing the internship i ve been doing has got some real life use, all i did these months mostly away of defold was to analyse and read code. But im really looking foward on a proper docs on Defold PBR, i saw some cpp code in there, it still scares me a bit

3 Likes